When traveling in groups, the sharing of vehicles is required in an effort to reduce costs. If a traveler’s plans require the use of a personal vehicle, then the traveler must become an approved driver under Liberty University’s approved driver program prior to the use thereof. This allows the driver to be insured by the University.
Travelers can review the processes and procedures for becoming an approved driver via the Liberty Transit Services: Approved University driver process link.
Travelers may be reimbursed for using a personal vehicle for business travel. Drivers are reimbursed the amount listed on the GSA website for the first 500 miles then half of the GSA rate/mile for each additional mile per trip, not per segment. Proof of mileage in the form of a mileage report (report must include: date/time, destination, purpose of the trip, and beginning/ending odometer readings) or a mileage report from an internet application, such as https://www.mapquest.com/, is required for mileage reimbursement.
Fuel Reimbursement is not permitted.
Drivers not insured by the University are prohibited from using personal vehicles while on official University travel.
In order to request mileage reimbursement for personal vehicle usage on behalf of Liberty University, employees must login to Infor and “Add Expense” on a new or existing expense report.
- Add a new expense by selecting a mileage Expense Type from the drop-down list on the ‘Overview Tab.’ The following expense types are used when requesting reimbursement for personal vehicle usage on an ER.
Travel Category: Mileage Expense
- Local Mileage: HCMILE
- Host Travel: HXMILE
- Interview Travel: HXINMILE
- Business Travel: TBMILE
- Pro Dev Travel: TPMILE
- Recruiting Travel: TRMILE
- Team Travel: TTMILE
- Fill out *Required fields in ‘Standard Information’ section
- Date: Use the date of travel or first date of travel if more than one day
- Distance: Using an odometer reading or an online map, input distance in miles
- Enter the Destination of the trip.
- Enter the origin of the trip.
- Add FOAPAL information to ‘Charge Code Allocations’ section
- Add an Activity code, if applicable, to the Activity field
- Fill out any applicable fields in ‘Additional Information’ section
- Add detailed comments in ‘Notes’ section
- Click the ‘Save’ button
Liberty University’s Travel Policy is available in full, here.
If you have questions about the mileage reimbursement procedure, please contact PCard at email@example.com or by phone at (434) 592-3346.