BS in Unmanned Aircraft Operations
Residential Unmanned Aerial Systems Program
Develop the knowledge and skills you need to succeed in the expanding unmanned aerial system industry.
Through the Bachelor of Science in Unmanned Aircraft Operations at Liberty University, you’ll become a professional unmanned aerial system operator by earning a Private Pilot certificate and an Instrument Flight rating. Learn to operate small unmanned aerial vehicles safely and ethically.
As students pursue the UAS degree, we strive to create graduates with technical competence and prepare men and women of character.
- Create graduates with technical competence: Through a combination of both classroom and flight training, you will acquire the following certificates and ratings during your degree program: FAA Airplane Pilot ratings for Private and Instrument; FAR Part 107 certification; medium UAS certification.
- Prepare men and women of character: The purpose of the UAS degree program is to prepare you to impact the UAS industry with world-class knowledge, skills, and abilities. As an aviation professional, you will possess sound judgment and strong Christian character.
With this degree program, you may also have the opportunity to earn a full industry certification on the medium-sized Aerosonde vehicle (U.S. citizens only), as well as become a UAS instructor. This exciting opportunity to fly and become fully certified on the Aerosonde is available to you through a partnership with a UAS industry leader.
UAS companies are seeking operators who have aviation knowledge and skills. They are also looking for people and who have the character, values, and professionalism needed to lead in the industry.
120 credit hours
Program of Study
View Liberty’s undergraduate admissions requirements
Courses You Could Take
- Small UAS Flight (AVIA 236)
- UAS Avionics & Powerplants (AVIA 323)
- Medium UAS Ground & Flight (AVIA 447)
- FAA Part 141 Flight Instruction
- Financial Aid Available
- Post-9/11 GI Bill® & Yellow Ribbon Available
- Flight training on modern Small UAS
- Opportunity for flight training and full certification on an industry leading Medium UAS platform
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
Start Your Career in Aviation
Costs & Financial Aid
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.