BS in Aeronautics: Unmanned Aerial Systems
Residential Unmanned Aerial Systems Program
Develop the knowledge and skills you need to succeed in the expanding unmanned aerial system industry.
Through the Bachelor of Science in Aeronautics: Unmanned Aerial Systems at Liberty University, you’ll become a professional unmanned aerial system operator by earning a Private Pilot certificate and an Instrument Flight rating. Learn to operate small unmanned aerial vehicles safely and ethically.
With this degree program, you may also have the opportunity to earn a full industry certification on the medium-sized Aerosonde vehicle (U.S. citizens only). You may also have the opportunity to become a UAS instructor. This exciting opportunity to fly and become fully certified on the Aerosonde is available to you through a partnership with a UAS industry leader.
UAS companies are seeking operators who have aviation knowledge and skills. They are also looking for people and who have the character, values, and professionalism needed to lead in the industry.
126 credit hours
Program of Study (DCP)
View Liberty’s undergraduate admissions requirements
Courses You Could Take
- Small UAS Flight (AVIA 236)
- UAS Avionics & Powerplants (AVIA 323)
- Medium UAS Ground & Flight (AVIA 447)
- FAA Part 141 Flight Instruction
- Financial Aid Available
- Post-9/11 GI Bill® & Yellow Ribbon Available
- Regional Airline Hiring Agreements
- Restricted “Reduced-Hour” Airline Transport Pilot Program
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
Costs & Financial Aid
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.