A.A. in Early Childhood Education (Non-licensure)
Start Your Career with Liberty’s Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education
Teachers have a great responsibility to their students. The lessons these students learn today will shape them well into their adult years. Preschool-age children are at the most impressionable time of their lives and are excited to learn!
Educators play a critical role in the development of each child they have the opportunity to teach by meeting each of their student’s academic, emotional, social, and spiritual needs.
As a Christian university, our mission is to Train Champions for Christ, and we fulfill this mission by educating those who educate others. By pursuing our A.A. degree in early childhood education, you can gain the tools you need to help raise up a new generation of young people.
Our 100% online early childhood education degree provides credentials for current teaching professionals or those preparing to enter the field for the first time. We are passionate about equipping educators with the knowledge and tools they need to create a safe, fun, and effective learning environment for students.
Our online early childhood training program is perfect for anyone seeking to learn in-demand skills and further their career as a teacher in an early childhood learning center, a preschool, a church childcare ministry, or even to homeschool their own children.
You can complete our associate degree in early childhood education in as little as 1.5 years while you stay connected with your job, community, and family. Upon the completion of this program, you will be equipped to become a Champion for Christ and make an eternal impact on the children you work with.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education?
- Theories and methodologies of education for better teaching
- Differentiated learning and direct instruction to adapt to each child’s needs
- Behavior intervention strategies so that you can manage learning challenges in the classroom
- Child psychology to give you insights into the minds of your students
- New education approaches practiced in public and private schools
Students enrolled in Liberty University’s online A.A. in Early Childhood Education degree will have the opportunity to take classes focused on child development, learning styles, and instructional techniques. Christian life and thought courses will also be included in order to prepare teachers to help their students academically and spiritually.
Potential Career Fields with the Associate in Early Childhood Education Degree
- Early childhood centers
- Homeschool teacher
Benefits of Liberty’s A.A. in Early Childhood Education
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online A.A. in Early Childhood Education degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our Associate of Arts in Early Childhood Education degree in as little as 1.5 years.
Military Benefits for Undergraduate Students
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 75% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Aug 23, 2021
NCATE through CAEP
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 30+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
We are widely recognized as a top university for affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
At Liberty, we believe in putting a world-class Christian education within reach — so our tuition rates have been frozen for 6 years and counting!
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 6 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.