IPE Events Calendar
No upcoming events are scheduled right now.
Aviation/Nursing IPE Event – October 2019
LUCOM/Nursing IPE Event – March 2020
March 3 – 4, 2020
The Liberty University School of Nursing hosts an inter-professional simulation experience annually with the Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine. This annual simulation event has resulted in increased knowledge of the impact of collaboration and communication on patient outcomes.
- Low and High-risk obstetrical scenarios
- Designed, planned, and implemented based on a joint needs assessment between the nursing and medical schools
- Collaboration between junior and senior year BSN students and second-year medical students
COVID-19 – Town Hall – March 2020
March 10, 2020
Join Liberty University School of Nursing and the Public Health Department for a COVID-19 Town Hall meeting. This event is open to the public and will provide information pertaining to the Coronavirus.
- Increase awareness of virus origin and cases to date with early recognition of infectious symptoms in a returning traveler
- Increase awareness related to role of infection prevention and personal protective equipment with appropriate use of PPE, including N95 masks and donning and doffing procedures, as detailed in local guidelines
- Increase awareness of coordinated efforts with VDH and our local health departments
- Increase awareness of reliable information sources
LUSOA/LUSON Emergency Response Drill – March 2020
March 27, 2020
Liberty University’s School of Aeronautics and School of Nursing will collaborate on a crisis simulation drill to replicate a real-life airshow disaster and the necessary emergency response protocols. The simulations will give participants an opportunity to experience a crisis emergency without real-life repercussions.
- Apply the principles of emergency management in a simulated aviation disaster.
- Evaluate the real-time decision making of various stakeholders as they communicate in their respective roles.
- Understand existing contingency plans and analyze how they interact together in a simulated aviation disaster—considering existing infrastructure.
- LUSOA/LUSON Emergency Response Drill 2019
Annual Medical Bioethics Symposium – April 2020
April 25, 2020
Participate in a professional CME event presented by speakers of national prominence in their area of expertise at the Annual Medical Bioethics Symposium. Hosted by the Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine’s Medical Library, this year’s topic will be “Palliative Care”.
- Analyze ethical principles presented by nationally-known experts in their fields of expertise.
- Evaluate approaches to palliative care from a Christian ethical perspective.
- Evaluate how Christian medical professionals best serve patients through ethical palliative care.
- Ethics Symposium Agenda
James Avery, MD, CMD, FAAHPM, FCCP, FACP
Linda Mintle, MSW, PhD
Ryan Nash, MD, MA