When autocomplete options are available, use up and down arrows to review and enter to select.
Apply Give

International Student Music Internships

International students have the opportunity to complete internships through Liberty University as a way to obtain legal working status in the USA. This opportunity is available to all international students although some stipulations apply. International students can complete either a 499 or 299 internship to legal receive compensation from an employer.

MUSC 499 Internship

  • Used for all students (international and domestic) who want to do an internship for credit through Liberty University
  • Is treated as any other music class which requires students to pay tuition rates
  • Will appear on transcripts as an actual class.
  • Students will have some assignments associated with this class.

How to Register for MUSC 499 Internship

  • Apply for Internship Placement through the School of Music.
  • Once you have been placed with an internship, Complete the Student Internship Agreement form (SIA Form). SIA form must be signed by the internship supervisor, Director of Practica, ISO office and CASAS.
  • Meet with the ISO (International Students Office) in DH 2003. Schedule an appointment with an International Student Advisor.
  • Complete the Curricular Practical Training Application.
  • The Director of Practica will register the student for MUSC 499
  • Once the SIA is approved, apply for the I20 (work authorization) through the ISO.

MUSC 299 Internship

  • Designed for international students who do not want to do a registered internship but are getting compensation (paid).
  • Used as a way to work legally in the USA
  • Students will not have to pay tuition rates because the class will not be registered.

Additional Information for International Students

  • Students can only work 20 hours for the Spring or Fall Semesters.
  • Summer and Winter breaks can work Full-Time (more than 20 hours)
  • CPTs need to be completed for paid internships which can only be completed after having completed 2 semesters.
  • Unpaid internships do not need to fill out anything to complete their internship
  • Must have internship related to major or the internship will be denied
Chat Live Chat Live Request Info Request Info Apply Now Apply Now Visit Liberty Visit Liberty