B.S. in Music & Worship – Biblical Studies
Residential Music & Worship – Biblical Studies (B.S.)
Prepare for a career in worship ministry with a Music & Worship (B.S.) – Biblical Studies degree from Liberty University. Develop a solid foundation in worship-oriented musicianship and biblical knowledge that will help you represent Christ through your work. Through individual lessons, worship team ministry coaching, and focused class times, you’ll learn music and worship ministry techniques in:
- Worship leadership
- Biblical studies on the philosophy of worship
- Service crafting
- Team development
- Worship music-oriented musicianship
Study under experienced professors who are grounded in their Christian faith and integrate a biblical worldview into the classroom. Professors in this degree program hold advanced and terminal degrees in music, as well as decades of real-world experience in worship ministry.
The Liberty University School of Music features 50 state-of-the-art practice rooms, smart classrooms, and a world-class concert hall. It also features the 1,600-square-foot Mathena Recording Studio, which offers an extraordinary level of music production options and studio project services for students and professional artists, alike.
- The degree requires a local practicum and an extensive internship experience within worship ministry.
- You will need to pass the Sophomore Review in order to be accepted into the program’s upper-level training.
Academic Information for the B.S. in Music & Worship – Biblical Studies
120 credit hours
Program of Study
View Liberty’s undergraduate admissions requirements
Biblical Studies Courses You Could Take
- Acts (BIBL 364)
- Old and New Testament Music and Worship (MUSC 202)
- Commercial Music Techniques for Worship (MUSC 302)
- Senior Artist or Worship Program (MUSC 496)
- Internship (MUSC 499)
Start Your Career in Music
Career Opportunities for Music & Worship – Biblical Studies Graduates
- Worship Leader
- Worship Music Director
- Associate Minister
- Church Musician
- Worship Songwriter-Arranger
- Church Planter with Worship Emphasis
- Campus Worship Director for Churches