B.M. in Commercial Music – Songwriting
Residential Commercial Music – Songwriting Program
Equip yourself for a career in songwriting with a Commercial Music (B.M.) – Songwriting degree from Liberty University. Gain a solid foundation in musicianship and song development through classroom study, private lessons, and collaborative experience with students and faculty members. Develop your skills in song design, lyric crafting, arranging, and preparation skills as you prepare to represent Christ in the music industry.
Study under experienced professors who are grounded in their Christian faith and integrate a biblical worldview into the classroom. Professors in this degree program hold advanced and terminal degrees in music, as well as decades of real-world experience in the music industry.
The Liberty University School of Music features 50 state-of-the-art practice rooms, smart classrooms, and a world-class concert hall. It also features the 1,600-square-foot Mathena Recording Studio, which offers an extraordinary level of music production options and studio project services for students and professional artists, alike.
- The degree requires a local practicum and an extensive internship experience within the music industry.
- You will need to pass a special audition in order to be accepted into the program’s upper-level training.
Academics: Commercial Music (B.M.) – Songwriting
126 credit hours
Program of Study
View Liberty’s undergraduate admissions requirements
Featured Songwriting Courses
- Development of the Song (CMUS 408)
- Private Songwriting (MUSC 370)
- Principles of Songwriting I (MUSC 376)
- Commercial Music Industry Seminar (MUSC 436)
Career Opportunities: Commercial Music – Songwriting Graduates
- Music Industry Collaborative Artist
- Ministry Songwriter-Arranger
- Music Producer