B.M. in Commercial Music – Recording, Engineering, and Producing
Residential Commercial Music – Recording, Engineering, & Producing (B.M.)
Gain the skills and knowledge you need to excel in high-level music production with a Commercial Music (B.M.) – Recording, Engineering, & Producing degree from Liberty University. Learn how to become a capable music producer through group interactions, and private coaching sessions. Develop a strong foundation in production, technology, and musicianship that will enable you to represent Christ through excellence in the commercial music industry.
Study under experienced professors who are grounded in their Christian faith and integrate a biblical worldview into the classroom. Professors in this degree program hold advanced and terminal degrees in music, as well as decades of real-world experience in the music industry.
The Liberty University School of Music features 50 state-of-the-art practice rooms, smart classrooms, and a world-class concert hall. It also features the 1,600-square-foot Mathena Recording Studio, which offers an extraordinary level of music production options and studio project services for students and professional artists, alike.
- The degree requires considerable study within one or more local practicums and an extensive internship experience within the music industry.
- You will need to pass the Sophomore Review in order to be accepted into the program’s upper-level training.
Academic Information for the B.M. in Commercial Music – Recording, Engineering, & Producing
126 credit hours
Program of Study
View Liberty’s undergraduate admissions requirements
Recording & Producing Courses You Could Take
- Pro Tools Fundamentals I (CINE 271)
- Music Production Capstone (CMUS 424)
- Principles of Audio Mixing and Production (MUSC 369)
- Sound Reinforcement II (MUSC 429)
Start Your Career in Commercial Music
Career Opportunities for Commercial Music – Recording Engineering & Producing Graduates
- Music Producer
- Front-of-house (FOH) Engineer
- Studio Engineer
- Streaming Media/Digital Music Content Creator
- Music Industry Collaborative Artist
- Worship Tech Director
- Entertainment law- and business-oriented careers