B.M. in Commercial Music – Publishing and Producing
Residential Commercial Music – Publishing & Producing Program
Develop the foundation you need to successfully enter the world of commercial music, publishing, and producing with a Commercial Music (B.M.) – Publishing & Producing degree from Liberty University. Gain skills in project creation, technologies, and strategies for business leadership in music. Learn through individual coaching sessions, and in group settings, as you pursue excellence in the commercial music field.
Study under experienced professors who are grounded in their Christian faith and integrate a biblical worldview into the classroom. Professors in this degree program hold advanced and terminal degrees in music, as well as decades of real-world experience in the music industry.
The Liberty University School of Music features 50 state-of-the-art practice rooms, smart classrooms, and a world-class concert hall. It also features the 1,600-square-foot Mathena Recording Studio, which offers an extraordinary level of music production options and studio project services for students and professional artists, alike.
- This degree requires considerable study within one or more local practicums and an extensive internship experience within the music industry.
- You must pass the Sophomore Review in order to be accepted into the program’s upper-level training.
Academics: Commercial Music (B.M.) – Publishing & Producing
126 credit hours
Program of Study
Commercial Music (B.M.) – Publishing & Producing
View Liberty’s undergraduate admissions requirements
Featured Publishing & Producing Courses
- Development of the Artist (CMUS 308)
- Commercial Music Portfolio (CMUS 423)
- Studio Producing, Mixing, and Audio Engineering (MUSC 362)
- Marketing Commercial Music and Record Label Operations (MUSC 461)
Career Opportunities: Commercial Music – Publishing & Producing Graduates
- Music Producer
- Music Publisher
- Music Industry Marketing
- Artist Management
- Music Industry Collaborative Artist
- Entertainment law- and business-oriented careers