B.M. in Commercial Music – Jazz Studies
Residential Commercial Music – Jazz Studies Program
Prepare for your future in jazz and commercial music with a Commercial Music (B.M.) – Jazz Studies degree from Liberty University. Gain the knowledge and skills you need to excel on stage and in the studio through individual coaching and group interactions. Learn music performance techniques, improvisation approaches, and the entrepreneurial skills necessary for success in the commercial music field.
Study under experienced professors who are grounded in their Christian faith and integrate a biblical worldview into the classroom. Professors in this degree program hold advanced and terminal degrees in music, as well as decades of real-world experience in the music industry.
The Liberty University School of Music features 50 state-of-the-art practice rooms, smart classrooms, and a world-class concert hall. It also features the 1,600-square-foot Mathena Recording Studio, which offers an extraordinary level of music production options and studio project services for students and professional artists, alike.
- This degree requires internship experience within the music industry.
- You must pass the Sophomore Review in order to be accepted into this program’s upper-level training.
Academics: Commercial Music (B.M.) – Jazz Studies
128 credit hours
Program of Study
Commercial Music (B.M.) – Jazz Studies
View Liberty’s undergraduate admissions requirements
Featured Jazz Studies Courses
- Jazz Improvisation and Lab I (MUSC 143)
- Senior Commercial Music Program (MUSC 468)
- Jazz Styles and Analysis (MUSC 327)
- Jazz Ensemble II (MUSC 483)
Career Opportunities: Commercial Music – Jazz Studies Graduates
- Stage Musician
- Studio Musician
- Session Artist
- Music Producer/Performer
- Music Industry Collaborative Artist
- Entertainment law- and business-oriented careers