B.M. in Commercial Music – Film Scoring (Film & Media)
Residential Commercial Music – Film Scoring (Film & Media) Program
Get ready for a successful career in film scoring with your B.M. in Commercial Music – Film Scoring (Film & Media) from Liberty University. Through individual coaching and group interactions, you’ll learn the technology and preparation skills essential for this unique arena of the music industry.
The film scoring program offers high-level training and musicianship for future film score composers. Classes, private lessons/coaching, and academic-industry hybrid courses highlight this degree program.
Study under experienced professors who are grounded in their Christian faith and integrate a biblical worldview into the classroom. Professors in this degree program hold advanced and terminal degrees in music, as well as decades of real-world experience in the music industry.
The Liberty University School of Music features 50 state-of-the-art practice rooms, smart classrooms, and a world-class concert hall. It also features the 1,600 square foot Mathena Recording Studio, which offers an extraordinary level of music production options and studio project services for students and professional artists, alike.
- The degree requires a local practicum and an extensive internship experience within the music industry.
- You will need to pass a special audition in order to be accepted into the program’s upper-level training.
Academics: Commercial Music (B.M.) – Film Scoring
126 credit hours
Program of Study
Commercial Music (B.M.) – Film Scoring (Film & Media)
View Liberty’s undergraduate admissions requirements
Featured Film Scoring Courses
- Advanced Film Score Programming (CMUS 437)
- Fundamentals of Music Production and Audio (MUSC 218)
- Commercial Improvisation Techniques (MUSC 360)
- Entrepreneurship in the Christian Music Industry (MUSC 372)
Career Opportunities: Commercial Music – Film Scoring Graduates
- Film Composer
- Music Licenser
- Sound Designer
- Music Director or Supervisor for Films
- Game Composer/Orchestrator