Are you buying a house, renting an apartment, or financing a purchase? If so, Liberty University has made it easier for you to verify your employment. Liberty University has partnered with The Work Number®, an automated income and employment verification service that allows you to have your employment and income verified within minutes. The database is a simple, secure, and discreet way to help get proof of your employment and income information to companies when needed.
Reasons You May Need Employment Verification:
- Mortgage or loan companies – buying a house
- Property managers – renting an apartment
- Employee self-requests
- Educational institutions – record of teaching hours or sexual misconduct forms
- Federal government
- State government – employment/unemployment
- Law enforcement institutions
- Medical institutions
- Aviation records
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
Liberty University utilizes The Work Number® service to provide automated employment verifications. Verifiers have 24/7 access (after-hours and during the weekend), which speeds up the application process for loans, credit, benefits and more. How to use The Work Number
Liberty University’s Work Number Code is: 29302
Information Provided Via The Work Number®:
- Employment status
- Hire date
- Length of employment
- Job title
- Rate of pay
- Hours worked
- Gross pay per year
Liberty University does not provide verbal verifications. If you do not have access to The Work Number® or if the information you require is not present in the file, you can email a signed information release form to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to (434) 582-7338. Please also include the form or information you would like us to complete. The typical turnaround time for completion of emailed and faxed forms is 3-5 business days.
No information will be released on behalf of an employee without a signed authorization form from the employee, electronic signatures are accepted.
Standard information included for the Employment Verification Letter which is printed on Liberty University letterhead with a wet signature, available for pickup, email, or fax directly to the employee:
- Part-time or full-time status
- Hire date
- Termination date (if applicable)
Liberty University does not comment on the following:
- Eligibility for rehire status
- Guarantee of future employment
- Guarantee of future course load
- Guarantee of overtime or overload
- Expected salary
- Expected bonuses or increases
- Reason for termination
- Any questions regarding job duties, general conduct, and/or work performance
Employment Disclaimer: The Average Hours Per Pay Period are equal to Scheduled Weekly Hours. The information in this verification is the most up to date information available. Liberty cannot project pay or guarantee future employment. Adjunct Faculty at Liberty University are part time employees who are paid based on course load that is assigned to them each sub-term. This course load can vary throughout the year. Liberty does not share if former employees are eligible for re-hire or when an employee’s last pay increase took place.
How To Use The Work Number
Log in to your The Work Number® account online by using Liberty’s employer code: 29302
- After clicking “Sign Up”, select “Not a Robot” before continuing. Enter the employer code associated with your employer (29302) or search for your employer by name.
- First-time users: select the “Register Now” option. You will be required to provide additional data for authentication and you will need to complete a one-time passcode challenge. After authenticating, you will create a personal User ID and Password.
- Returning users: enter the personal user ID and password you had previously created. If you’ve forgotten your User ID or password, select “Forgot User ID” or “Forgot Password” to re-authenticate and complete a one-time passcode challenge.