ABET Accreditation & Data
Program Educational Objectives and Student Outcomes
The School of Business offers a Computer Science program with multiple cognate options that is accredited by ABET. The Computer Science program provides students with the skills, knowledge, and understanding of information technology necessary for impacting tomorrow’s socio-technological culture.
Currently Accredited Computer Science Program
What is ABET Accreditation?
The Computer Science residential program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET. ABET accredits postsecondary degree-granting programs housed within accredited institutions. They accredit programs only, not degrees, departments, colleges, or institutions. Learn about our School of Business ABET-accredited program.
This is in addition to Liberty University’s institutional accreditation.
Student & Graduate Data
Program Enrollments (Fall 2020)
- Computer Science: 312
- Computer Science:
Computer Science Program Learning Outcomes
Students of the program will have the ability to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions. [CS]
- Conduct best practices in Computer Sciences while maintaining a Christian worldview. (LU)
Program Educational Objectives
Within a few years of graduation our graduates will be able to:
- Apply innovation, entrepreneurial activities, and contributions to the discipline of computer science.
- Identify and document requirements, develop designs, as well as implement and validate quality computer science solutions.
- Exhibit a commitment to continuous, life-long learning.
- Apply leadership skills in obtaining mission objectives and training the workforce.