Psi Chi Honor Society
Psi Chi is the International Honor Society for Psychology. Membership in Psi Chi is an earned honor which is for life. A permanent record of your membership is preserved at the Psi Chi National Office and may be used for reference purposes such as applications for graduate school and jobs.
Psi Chi inductees are eligible to order and wear the Psi Chi honor cord at graduation. Copies of Psi Chi’s magazine, Eye on Psi Chi, are available on the national Psi Chi webpage. Psi Chi members are eligible to present research papers/posters at Psi Chi programs held at national and regional conventions. In addition, members may participate in Psi Chi’s undergraduate and graduate research award competitions, and undergraduate members may submit their research for publication in the Psi Chi Journal of Undergraduate Research. The names of new members and activities of chapters are published in Eye on Psi Chi.
- Must be registered as Psychology Major, Minor or Graduate Student
- Completion of at least 36 hours of college courses (this can include transfer courses)
- Completion of at least 9 semester hours of Liberty Psychology courses with a PSYC, MSPS, or COUC prefix, excluding PSYC 101, PSYC 150, and PSYC 210
- GPA of at least 3.5 in Liberty Psychology courses with a PSYC prefix, excluding PSYC 101, PSYC 150, and PSYC 210
- Overall GPA of at least 3.5
- Online payment through PayPal of $10 that covers the Liberty Chapter’s one-time dues
- Completion of National Psi Chi application
- Complete and Submit the Liberty Psi Chi Application.
- The above link will prompt you through the local application process.
- During this process, you will be prompted to pay $10 for local membership fees through PayPal.
- No checks or cash will be accepted.
- Complete the online National PsiChi application for national registration.
- The above link will prompt you through the national application process.
- Upon review and acceptance, you will receive an email prompting a one-time membership fee of $55 to the National Society.
- After payment, you will be emailed with a discount code for the official membership certificate.
- Please note that you must pay the one-time local dues ($10) and one-time Psi Chi national membership fee ($55) in order to become a member (there are no additional annual dues)
- After applying at both the local and national level, your application will be reviewed for eligibility.
You may email the current Psi Chi officers at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
*If you are experiencing any technical difficulties with submitting the online application, either download or screenshot your completed application and attach it to an email addressed to email@example.com. Thank you for your cooperation as we iron out some technical kinks with our newly digitized application.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.