Dr. Deena Melika
Professor of Psychology
- PhD. in School and Clinical Psychology, Hofstra University
- MA in School and Clinical Psychology, Hofstra University
- BA in Psychology, Gordon College
Certification & Licensure
- Licensed Psychologist in California
- Credentialed School Psychologist in California
- Credentialed School Psychologist in New York
- PSYC 430: Abnormal Psychology
- PSYC 341: Psychology of Personality
- PSYC 320: Behavior Modification
- PSYC 312: Social Psychology
- PSYC 405: Group Dynamics
Dr. Deena Melika is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychology. She is a licensed Psychologist and a credentialed School Psychologist from the state of California. Before joining Liberty University, she was an Adjunct Professor at the University of La Verne, teaching graduate classes in the School Psychology Program. With almost twenty years of professional experience as a School Psychologist, Dr. Melika worked with diverse populations and provided varied services to children with special needs, including psychoeducational assessments, interventions, and psychotherapy. She has provided consultation to school districts and training focused on suicide assessment, prevention, and postvention.
Areas of professional interest include suicide prevention, reducing the stigma of mental health, and parenting.