Dr. Brian Kelley
Professor of Psychology
View office hours
- Ph.D. in Experimental Biological Psychology, Virginia Commonwealth University/Medical College of Virginia
- M.S. in Experimental Biological Psychology, Virginia Commonwealth University/Medical College of Virginia
- B.S. in Psychology, Geneva College
- PSYC 354: Statistics for the Social Sciences
- PSYC 355: Statistics in Psychology
- PSYC 440: Experimental Design in Research
- PSYC 495: Directed Research
- MSPS graduate courses
Prior to coming to Liberty University, Dr. Brian M. Kelley completed a Postdoctoral Fellowship in Psychiatry at the Medical University of South Carolina where some of his research included psychotherapies for alcoholism and alcohol abuse, prenatal exposure to abused drugs, HIV-related dementia, community interventions, and program evaluation. He stayed on as a faculty in the Departments of Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Kelley has taught at a number of universities prior to coming to Liberty University and received such awards as Professor of the Year and Scholar of the Year.
He has an interest in engaging students and faculty in research on a number of applied topics with the general focus on innovation in the context of program development, implementation, and evaluation. He also has experience developing technological adjuncts to treatment and community prevention efforts.
Dr. Kelley’s research and service areas include basic, translational, clinical, and community research in most areas of mental and behavioral health. His training also includes concentrations in neuroscience and pharmacology/toxicology as well as clinical/community research. Dr. Kelley has experience on adolescent development and the impact of substance use/abuse on that development.