Dr. Thompson attended Cedarville University for pre-pharmacy and obtained his Doctor of Pharmacy at the University of Nebraska College of Pharmacy in 1994. He completed a one-year Pharmacy Practice Residency at the University of Virginia Health Sciences Center in 1994/1995. Dr. Thompson initially practiced as an Oncology/Infectious Disease Clinical Pharmacist in Erie, Pa. at Saint Vincent Health Center for 3 years. In 1998, he began working for Bristol-Myers Squibb Oncology in various medical capacities including Medical Information for 5 years and Field Medical for 12 years living in N.J., Md., and Va. He held positions of Associate Director in Medical Information and Field Medical, most recently leading an oncology field-based medical team of 10 Medical Science Liaisons across the Eastern half of the United States. Dr. Thompson is currently the Associate Professor of Pharmacology in the School of Nursing at Liberty University, teaching pharmacology to BSN students and advanced pharmacology in the DNP program.
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- NURS 305 Pharmacology
- NURS 306 Pharmacology II
- NURS 504 Advanced Pharmacology
- NURS 713 Advanced Pharmacology for Nurse Practitioners
- NURS 752 Clinical Psychopharmacology
Publications (peer-reviewed articles)
- Washburn, D; Thompson, K. Addressing Barriers to Medication Adherence: Development and Retrospective Pilot Test of an Evidence-Based Screening Instrument. Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing; 2020; 24(2).
- Drug Development
- Oncology Practice
- Pain Management