Group Study Rooms
The group study rooms in the Jerry Falwell Library provide spaces for students to work, study, and collaborate for academic purposes. They are also available for students, faculty, and staff to use for university-related purposes. The group study rooms are equipped with writable surfaces and a display for connecting your laptop. You can request technical assistance with equipment or research assistance at the nearest information desk; the Customer Service Center on the first floor; or by email, phone, or chat.
- Student groups of two or more may reserve a group study room for up to three hours at a time for academic purposes.
- Students may reserve a room up to one week in advance.
- Group study room reservations must not exceed the maximum posted occupant capacity of the room.
- Students can make reservations at the Customer Service Center, at any information desk in the library, by calling (434) 582-2220, or online.
- You should receive a confirmation email once a location has been assigned. If you do not receive an email within one business day, please contact us to ensure that we received your request.
- Reserved rooms that are not occupied by members of the reserving group within 10 minutes of the start of the reservation period will be forfeited and open for use by others.
- Rooms that have not been previously reserved or reserved rooms that have passed the 10-minute grace period will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Rooms cannot be reserved or held by placing personal belongings in them. Unattended items will be removed and sent to lost and found.
- The Liberty Way must be followed.
- Windows should not be covered unless approved by library staff, and doors should not be locked.
- Writable walls must be cleaned before leaving the room.
- Markers are available at the information desks throughout the library, and only markers provided by the library should be used.
- Using the rooms for non-academic purposes or repeated forfeits may result in loss of privileges.
- Library employees will maintain an appropriate environment in these rooms based on the Library Room Request Reservation Policy.
Faculty, staff, and student clubs may request to use the event spaces in the Jerry Falwell Library by emailing email@example.com. Requests by individuals or groups external to Liberty University should be made by contacting the Liberty University events office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Event spaces include, but may not be limited to, the following rooms:
001 – Terrace Conference Room(s) (A/B)
050 – Esbenshade Atrium (Lower)
150 – Esbenshade Atrium (Upper)
171 – Active Learning Classroom
362 – Scholars Conference Room
380 – Scholars Lounge
For more information, see the Library Room Request and Reservation Policy.