When autocomplete options are available, use up and down arrows to review and enter to select.
Apply Give

Housing for International Students

On-Campus Housing

Unmarried students under the age of 21 are required to live in campus housing provided by the university. Students may not move off campus without permission. Please visit the Housing Eligibility Webpage for instructions about requesting permission to move off campus.

Select On-Campus Housing

Change On-Campus Housing

If you want to change rooms, submit a Housing Request with the Office of Residence Life. Room changes are not final until authorized by the Housing Office. There will be an administrative charge for a room change.

Any room changes made without authorization will result in the appropriate discipline (six reprimands + $25.00 fine).


Off-Campus Housing

Married students are required to live off campus, even if their spouse is not currently living with them. Students 25 years of age or older must reside off campus.

Bus Transportation to Campus

The City of Lynchburg offers public bus transportation, with stops at several locations on campus. Please see Liberty University and Lynchburg city bus routes at the GLTC website. Students can ride a GLTC bus pass at no cost by showing their Flames Pass.

Impact on Scholarships

Most scholarships are not changed when a student moves off campus. Some scholarships for international students require the student to live on campus. Please see your International Student Advocate for specifics.

Renter’s Insurance

Students who are living off campus are strongly encouraged to purchase renter’s insurance. Rental insurance can cost less than $100 per year and you may be able to make monthly payments.  Renter’s Insurance provides benefits in the event of a fire, theft, or other damage.  An internet search for “renter’s insurance in Virginia” will provide you with a list of companies that provide renters insurance.

Find an Apartment Online

Many students choose or need to wait until they arrive to find an apartment. Students who plan to find an apartment after arrival will need to make arrangements to stay with family, friends, or in a hotel until they find an apartment, as off-campus students cannot live on-campus while looking for housing.

Students moving off campus are required by U.S.C.I.S. regulations to inform their International Student Advisor of their new address within 10 days of moving.

Housing During School Breaks

Christmas Break

Campus housing is not provided to students during Christmas break.

Students are encouraged to spend this time getting to know the American culture by staying with friends, classmates, or roommates. Building friendships with American students is important and strongly encouraged.

Students who are not able to find housing may contact the International Student Center for help in finding a host home. Host homes cannot be guaranteed and are available on a volunteer basis only.

Thanksgiving Break & Spring Break

Students are able to remain in their Residence Hall at no extra charge, although there is no regularly scheduled food service available from Sodexo during these times.

Summer Break

Students are able to live on campus for a weekly charge.

Chat Live Chat Live Request Info Request Info Apply Now Apply Now Visit Liberty Visit Liberty