When autocomplete options are available, use up and down arrows to review and enter to select.
Apply Give

Financial Facts for Internationals

First-Year Students

In order to receive an F-1 visa, students are required to present official documentation (within 6 months) to both Liberty University and the U.S. government proving sponsorship for one full academic year. Students are not eligible for increased financial assistance during their first year.

Borrowing Money

In order to borrow money, a student would need a U.S. citizen or U.S. legal permanent resident to co-sign on a loan. The co-signer would be responsible for the entire balance if the student is not able to pay.

A co-signer must have a good financial credit history in order to be approved. New or recent immigrants are not likely candidates for approval.

Additional Scholarships

Scholarships for international students are given prior to arrival. We do not have scholarships available for current students.

Students that had a good high school GPA and test scores may apply for an honors scholarship during the Spring semester of their freshman year.

Students interested in pursuing spiritual leadership on campus may apply for a Resident Assistant (RA) or Resident Shepherd position (these provide scholarships).


F-1 students are in the U.S. on the basis of full sponsorship for schooling. Working to support oneself in lieu of receiving sponsorship cannot be condoned.


Speak with your International Student Advocate about any financial concerns you may have.

Chat Live Chat Live Request Info Request Info Apply Now Apply Now Visit Liberty Visit Liberty