B.Ed. in Middle Education: Social Sciences
Residential B.Ed. Degree in Middle Education: Social Sciences – Licensure
Position yourself to meet the unique learning needs of your students with a Bachelor of Education in Middle Education with a cognate in Social Science. In Liberty University’s School of Education, you’ll learn to instruct and develop courses from a social science-integrated approach. Classes in Economics, American History, and Comparative Civilization will prepare you to also teach these subjects.
Our courses are taught from a Christian perspective by educators with years of experience in Middle Grades social science education. Here, you’ll learn how to view teaching through a biblical worldview and make a positive impact in public, private, community, or homeschool settings.
The B.Ed. in Middle Grades Education is the perfect degree for individuals who are passionate about specific content and want to help learners develop the same zest. This degree will give you the opportunity to begin a career in your content area and equips you with the qualifications needed to teach all students at the Middle Grades (i.e., 6th-8th grade) level.
- Program Expectations & Advising Resources for for the B.Ed. in Middle Education: Social Sciences
- Licensure information for the B.Ed. in Middle Education: Social Sciences
- Get more info on the B.Ed. degrees at Liberty University
- See the online B.Ed. in Middle Education: Social Sciences degree
Academics: Middle Education (B.Ed.): Social Sciences
124 total credit hours
Programs of Study (DCP)
View Liberty’s undergraduate admissions requirements
Featured Middle Education Courses
- Survey of Economics (ECON 110)
- Survey of American History II (HIUS 222)
- Teaching Elementary and Middle School Social Sciences (EDUC 322)
- Middle School Curriculum and Instruction (EDUC 412)
Career Opportunities in Middle Education
Upon graduation, you will have the opportunity to gain state licensure and become certified to teach students in grades 6-8. With a B.Ed. in Middle Education degree, you will also be able to pursue additional endorsements for a career in administration or other areas.