B.Ed. in Middle Education: Science
Residential B.Ed. Degree in Middle Education: Science – Licensure
Learn how to meet the unique learning needs of your students with a Bachelor of Education in Middle Education with a cognate in Science. In Liberty University’s School of Education, you’ll learn to instruct and develop courses from a science-integrated approach. Classes in Chemistry, Environmental Science, and Astronomy will prepare you also to teach these subjects.
Our courses are taught from a Christian perspective by educators with years of experience in Middle Grades Science education. Here, you’ll learn how to view teaching through a biblical worldview and make a positive impact in public, private, community, or homeschool settings.
The B.Ed. in Middle Grades Education is the perfect degree for individuals who are passionate about specific content and want to help learners develop the same zest. This degree will allow you to begin a career in your content area and equips you with the qualifications needed to teach all students at the Middle Grades (i.e., 6th-8th grade) level.
- Program Expectations & Advising Resources for the Middle Education: Science
- Licensure information for the B.Ed. in Middle Education: Science
- Get more info on the B.Ed. degrees at Liberty University
- See the online B.Ed. in Middle Education: Science degree
Academics: Middle Education (B.Ed.): Science
124 total credit hours
Programs of Study (DCP)
View Liberty’s undergraduate admissions requirements
- Elements of General Chemistry (CHEM 105)
- Environmental Science (NASC 315)
- Teaching Elementary and Middle School Science (EDUC 324)
- Middle School Curriculum and Instruction (EDUC 412)
Career Opportunities in Middle Education
Upon graduation, you will have the opportunity to gain state licensure and become certified to teach students in grades 6-8. With a B.Ed. in Middle Education degree, you will also be able to pursue additional endorsements for a career in administration or other areas.