Important Schedule Changes for Friday May 6
Due to impending inclement weather, the Commencement Main Ceremony has moved to 9:30 a.m. on Friday, May 6. We want the best for all of graduates, and your safety is our greatest concern. For this reason, we have decided to move the ceremony to the morning and adjust the day’s schedule accordingly to lessen the impact of weather on our celebration.
Below are several key schedule changes to be aware of:
- All Degree Presentation Ceremonies that were originally taking place at 10 a.m. are now moving to 1 p.m. in their original locations. This affects John W. Rawlings School of Divinity — Undergraduate Programs, School of Education — Undergraduate Programs, and School of Engineering.
- The Military Graduate Recognition Ceremony, originally scheduled at 1 p.m., has now moved to 4 p.m. in its original location.
- Commencement Check-In has moved to a new time of noon–5 p.m.
- For the Main Ceremony, the gates at Williams Stadium will open at 6 a.m. for guests, and the student processional will begin at 8:30 a.m. Umbrellas will be permitted in the stadium, and ponchos will be available on a first come, first served basis.
Outdoor Degree Presentation Ceremonies
- The outdoor degree presentation ceremonies will continue if there is light rain or a passing shower with no safety risk and ponchos will be provided. If the decision is made to go to an alternate plan due to heavy rain or thunderstorms, the outdoor degree presentation ceremonies will move indoors to the Indoor Practice Facility adjacent to Williams Stadium at the same scheduled time.
- If there is impending rain in the forecast, please stay tuned to your Liberty email, the Commencement website, and Commencement social media for announcements.