Launching the Virtual Liberty University Spring 2023 All Majors Career Fair
Liberty University Career Services is hosting the next Virtual All Majors Career Fair on Tuesday, March 28, 4-7 p.m. live on Handshake.
Registration is open here.
This event is different from all the other career events this semester because it is a 100% virtual event on Handshake. This means that in order to participate you must sign up for group and/or 1:1 sessions with potential employers. To access your group or 1:1 session, click on View Sessions followed by Join Session. Note: You will not be emailed a separate link to join. The meetings will be conducted through Handshake.
The virtual career fair is an excellent way for students and graduates to connect with potential employers and learn about different career paths across various industries. This fair will feature a wide selection of companies and organizations that will provide all college majors with a chance to find relevant career paths.
“The Virtual All Majors Career Fair is a great opportunity to connect with top employers from across the country, regardless of your location or major. Network with recruiters and discover a wide range of career paths in Aeronautics, Behavioral Sciences, Business, Communications, CS/IS/IT/Cybersecurity, Divinity, Engineering, Government, Health Sciences, or Law Enforcement.” Matt Young, Assistant Director of Employer Relations at Career Services. “This is event hosted live by Career Services and offers a unique chance to gain valuable insights and connect 1-on-1 recruiters, all from the comfort of your own screen. Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity to kick-start your career journey!
In order to make the most out of the upcoming virtual career fair, here are a few tips for preparing:
- Research the companies and organizations that will be in attendance: Learn about their mission, values, and current initiatives.
- Prepare a resume and business cards: Have a professional resume and business cards ready to give to representatives from the companies that interest you.
- Practice your interviewing skills: Career fairs often provide the opportunity to meet with representatives from companies and it’s a great opportunity to practice your interviewing skills. Consider rehearsing some common interview questions and answers.
Before coming to the meeting, test your audio and video ahead of time by accessing a session. There you will be able to test your audio and video to ensure everything is working for you.
Tech problems? Please visit the following page for Handshake’s Video Requirements & Troubleshooting. If you run into issues you are unable to resolve, please Report an Issue.
Following up after the fair is an important step in securing a job or internship opportunity, by sending thank-you emails, connecting on LinkedIn, and following up on any opportunities discussed during the fair.
For new or returning Liberty students and alumni, preparation is key to making a great first impression. Liberty University Career Services has put together a short list of resources to help make the most of the upcoming fair.
- Submit your resume for review by the Career Services team.
- Check out Handshake’s Events page for helpful resources like webinars, workshops, and resume reviews.
- Schedule an appointment with a Career Coach
- Career Coaches are able to help you craft professional resumes and cover letters, prepare for networking, and practice interviewing. They can also provide guidance for you as you decide which career path to pursue.
The fair is open to all students and recent graduates of all majors. The event is free to attend, and pre-registration is required. For more information about the fair, including registration and schedule, please contact: email@example.com.
Industry organizations with an interest in attending these and other career-focused events can register for their interest now at EmployerRelations@liberty.edu.
About Liberty University Career Services
Founded in 1971 in Lynchburg, Va., Liberty has grown from a small college of 154 students into a university with a residential student body of over 15,000. Preparing students to be doctors, educators, ministers, lawyers, aviators, counselors, engineers, and more, Liberty is committed to developing tomorrow’s leaders — men and women of character whose impact will extend beyond their professions to change the world around them.
Liberty University Career Services strives to support Liberty University students and alumni with career development opportunities through impactful coaching, employer connections, and valuable work experience. With a focus on impacting the Liberty community, Career Services will continue to lead with the latest in career development.