BFA in Film Production & Creative Development – Visual Arts
Residential B.F.A. in Film Production & Creative Development: Visual Arts
Master the practical skills you need to become a successful cinematographer, colorist, production designer, or visual effects artist with a Film Production & Creative Development (B.F.A.): Visual Arts degree from Liberty University.
Customize your degree program by choosing one of the focuses offered below:
- Cinematography: Learn advanced camera techniques using RED Epic Helium 8K cameras, PeeWee dolly, Steadicam, and Ronin devices. You will also acquire lighting techniques using ARRI HMI lights, Litepanels, and Q-Lion lights.
- Production Design: Understand art and design principles and practical skills for set design, costume design, hair and makeup design, as well as props management for the production of narrative films.
- Visual Effects: Develop skills specific to the design, production, and editing of visual effects using state-of-the-art production facilities and post-production software such as Autodesk Maya, Cinema 4D, 3D Studio Max, and Adobe After Effects.
Learn from highly trained professors who are grounded in their Christian worldview and dedicated to your success. In addition to their teaching responsibilities, all faculty are working professionals in their area of expertise. Gain hands-on experience working with other students in our cohort-based program. Collaborate on classroom projects and apply the concepts you learn in real-world film production settings.
Film Production students have access to Liberty University’s state-of-the-art production facilities and equipment to use for their thesis films. This includes a certified THX Dubbing Studio, the DaVinci Resolve Coloring Suite, Wet Foley Recording Room, RED Epic Helium 8K cameras, ARRI HMI lights, Litepanels, and a robust wardrobe and props inventory.
Additional Cognates Offered With This BFA Degree
Why Get a BFA in Film Production?
Our BFA is a professional degree that allows you to gain skills in targeted focus areas while giving you practice in real-world film productions. With the BFA in Film Production & Creative Development degree from Liberty University, you’ll get the experience and preparation needed to walk onto any film set and perform with excellence.
Academics for the B.F.A. in Film Production & Creative Development: Visual Arts
125 total hours
Program of Study
Featured Visual Arts Courses
- Introduction to 3D Graphics (ART 473)
- Psychology of Fashion (FACS 302)
- Advanced Editing and Color Correction in DaVinci Resolve (CINE 385)
- Advanced Camera Movement (CINE 391)
- Advanced Visual Effects Post Production (CINE 395)
Get Ready for Your Film Career in Visual Arts
Visual Arts Career Opportunities
- Director of Photography
- Production Designer
- First Assistant Camera
- Special Effects Artist
- Special Effects Editor