BFA in Film Production & Creative Development – Storytelling
Residential B.F.A. in Film Production & Creative Development: Storytelling
Jump-start your film career with a Film Production & Creative Development (B.F.A.): Storytelling degree from Liberty University. Gain the skills necessary to become a successful writer, editor, or director of narrative films. Customize your degree program by choosing one of the focuses offered below:
- Directing: Develop your practical skills in directing actors, breaking down a script to develop a vision, and communicating with all departments.
- Screenwriting: Learn how to write scripts for short films, feature-length films, film adaptations, and TV series.
- Editing: Understand editing theories and gain skills in the application of editing theory as you edit narrative film projects using Adobe Premiere, Media Composer, and Davinci Resolve.
Learn from highly trained professors grounded in their Christian worldview and dedicated to your success. In addition to their teaching responsibilities, all faculty are working professionals in their area of expertise. Gain hands-on experience working with other students in our cohort-based program. Collaborate on classroom projects and apply the concepts you learn in real-world film production settings.
Film Production students have access to Liberty University’s state-of-the-art production facilities and equipment to use for their thesis films. This includes a certified THX Dubbing Studio, the DaVinci Resolve Coloring Suite, Wet Foley Recording Room, RED Epic Helium 8K cameras, ARRI HMI lights, Litepanels, and a robust wardrobe and props inventory.
Additional Cognates Offered With This BFA Degree
Why Get a BFA in Film Production?
Our BFA is a professional degree that allows you to gain skills in targeted focus areas while giving you practice in real-world film productions. With the BFA in Film Production & Creative Development degree from Liberty University, you’ll get the experience and preparation needed to walk onto any film set and perform with excellence.
Academics for the B.F.A. in Film Production & Creative Development: Storytelling
125 total hours
Program of Study
Featured Storytelling Courses
- Media Composer Fundamentals I (CINE 281)
- Feature Screenwriting (CINE 353)
- Movie Stunts and Action for Camera (CINE 390)
- The Director/Actor Process and Workshop (CINE 470)
- Showrunning a TV Series: The Writing Process (CINE 477)
Get Ready for Your Film Career in Storytelling
Storytelling Career Opportunities
- Assistant Editor
- Story Consultant