Group Study Rooms
The purpose of Group Study rooms in the Jerry Falwell Library is to provide spaces for students to work, study, and collaborate for academic purposes. They are available for student, faculty, and staff use.
The Group Study rooms are equipped with writable walls, a flat-panel display, and real-time communication connected to Customer Service staff. Technical assistance with equipment is available as well as research assistance from Customer Service staff and Research Assistance librarians.
Reserve A Room
(For best results, please use Chrome, Mozilla or IE in compatibility view)
- Students may reserve a room up to one week in advance.
- Reserving groups must consist of three or more people and must not exceed the maximum posted capacity of the room.
- Reservations may be made at the Customer Service Center, Information Desks, or kiosks.
- Group study rooms can be reserved up to three hours per day.
- Reserved rooms that are not occupied by members of the reserving group within 10 minutes after the beginning of the reservation period will be forfeited and open for use by others.
- Rooms that have not been previously reserved or reserved rooms which have passed the 10-minute grace period will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Rooms cannot be reserved or held by placing personal belongings in them. Unattended items will be removed and sent to the Lost and Found.
- The Library Code of Conduct must be followed.
- Windows should never be covered and doors should not be locked.
- Writable walls must be cleaned before leaving the room.
- All trash from food must be placed in a trash can outside of the Group Study room.
- Only blue, black, or green dry erase markers may be used on the walls. You may pick up markers at the nearest information desk.
Note: These rooms are to be used for academic and university related purposes only. Using the rooms for non-academic purposes or repeated forfeits may result in loss of privileges. Library employees will maintain an appropriate environment in these rooms and these policies will be enforced at their discretion.
This policy is subject to change at any time.
University units, groups, and individuals, including registered student groups and University-sponsored groups, may apply to use the meeting rooms in the Jerry Falwell Library. For more information, see the Library Room Request and Reservation Policy.