Associate Professor of Law
Director of Global Initiatives and Online Programs
Phone: (434) 592-5300
- Ph.D., University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Scotland
- LL.M., American University Washington College of Law
- M.A., Simon Greenleaf University
- LL.B., Kiev State University, Kiev, Ukraine
Areas of Interest/Teaching
International Law, International Business Law
- Director of International Government Affairs at Focus on the Family in Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Worked as counsel for international human rights for Family Research Council in Washington, D.C.
- Taught international law at Hebei University in the People’s Republic of China
- Professor with the International Institute for Cooperative Studies
- Honored with the Society of Peruvian Christian Government Officials award in 2011
- Awarded certificates of recognition for keynote lectures by the Congress of the Republic of Peru (2009), the National University of Mexico (2004), and the Multidisciplinary Center in Bolivia (1991)
- Board member and chair of the Justice Initiative of the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference
Dr. Yuri Mantilla's work and research in the field of international law and international relations has yielded many opportunities to interact with international legal experts and policy makers such as ambassadors and diplomats at the United Nations and Organization of American States. His research focuses on the history of international law, international religious freedom, international legal theory, Christian perspectives of international human rights law and bio-ethics in international law.
As a lecturer, Professor Mantilla has spoken at NGO pro-life, pro-family briefings at the United Nations, in addition to a number of national and international venues. His lectures on international human rights law, bio-ethics, and international relations issues have been welcomed in the Netherlands, Spain, Russia, Poland, Switzerland, Malaysia, Latin America, and the United States. He has authored publications on international human rights law, bio-ethics and international family law. His media appearances include interviews and debates on CBN, PBS, CNN (Spanish), Univision and Telemundo, among other global media networks.