As faculty, you are integrally involved in equipping Liberty students to be fully prepared to meet their futures in a globalizing marketplace. LU Send works with you to create cross-cultural opportunities that contribute to your students’ development as lifelong learners and Champions for Christ, wherever their journey takes them.
Trip Proposal Process
Please contact Audrey Hammond, by email or by phone (434-592-4204), Director of Academic Operations, to learn more about the proposal process. All of the proposal dates are hard deadlines.
- Fall 2021 | October 1st, 2020
- JAN (Spring Semester) Trips 2022 | December 1st, 2020
- Spring Break 2022 | February 15th, 2021
- Summer 2022 (May/June) | April 30th, 2021
- Summer 2022 (July/August) | May 30th, 2021
LU Send will communicate the proposal’s approval status to the faculty/staff lead. Approved proposals will be moved into the trip development process.
After a trip has moved through the proposal process, a trip coordinator assigned to your trip will meet with you to assess and finalize the specific logistical needs of your trip. This includes:
- Trip itinerary
- Budget & payment plan options
- Flights & ground transportation
- Participant training requirements
- Promotion & recruiting strategies
- Application personalization
- Academic options & course registration strategy
- Miscellaneous needs (passports/visas, insurance, background checks, specific vendor requirements, etc.)
The faculty/staff leader and the appropriate LU Send individuals will sign the trip agreement outlining the responsibilities of all involved parties.
After the trip agreement has been signed, promotion & recruiting for the trip can begin. Students will also be able to apply for the trip at this point.
Staff is available to consult with faculty in-person at any point in the proposal or development process. Email LUSend@Liberty.edu to connect today!