We are happy to accept transfer students from other law schools. See our Application Requirements, and submit the following:
Contact Us: (434) 592-5300 | email@example.com
- A letter from your law school registrar confirming your good standing
- Law school transcripts in addition to the transcripts you sent to LSAC. Liberty University School of Law must receive all transfer application materials by July 15 of your expected enrollment year.
The Admissions Committee and the Dean make admission decisions for all law school transfers. If you are admitted, up to 30 hours of your first-year school course credits at "C" level or better may be transferable.
The School of Law's Associate Dean for Academic Affairs determines transfer credits and the required courses our transfer students must complete. The Associate Dean for Academic Affairs shall review all transfer applications and determine the terms upon which transfer should be conditioned.
Transferring students should not expect all previous credits to transfer because of the:
- Nature of the curriculum with the sequencing of Lawyering Skills courses
- Integration of skills and substantive courses
- Requirement for foundational courses
- Perspective from which courses are taught
In making the determination of transfer credits, the Associate Dean will compare the following criteria of each course proposed for transfer with the comparable Liberty University School of Law course:
- Course description
- Grade earned
- Credit hours earned
- Skills taught
- Accreditation status of the law school
Additional Transfer Information
- No more than 30 academic credits shall be accepted for transfer.
- All courses required for graduation must be successfully completed at the law school, except for comparable courses you have successfully completed.
- Liberty Law will transfer credit only for courses in which the grade received was a "C" or its numerical equivalent (2.00) or higher. If your cumulative grade point average is below 2.00 at your current law school, you will not be eligible for admission to the Liberty School of Law as a transfer student.
- The School of Law will report all grades for which credit is transferred as "P" for the purpose of computing academic averages.