Scott Strobel is an Associate Professor of National Security and Intelligence Studies at Liberty University. He joined the Helms School of Government faculty team in August 2022.
Major Scott Strobel has served in the U.S. Air Force since 1995 as both an enlisted intelligence specialist and intelligence officer and continues to serve periodically in a reserve capacity. As a Signals Intelligence Analyst, Scott Strobel has served on the U-2S spy plane program, in the National Security Agency, and as a cryptanalyst in the Republic of Korea. After earning his commission in 2001, Scott Strobel has contributed to the mission of the Department of Defense and the Intelligence community as an intelligence collection manager, targeteer, counter-terrorism analyst, command briefer, and Master Instructor of both U.S. and partner nation intelligence officers for the Air Force’s intelligence training school in San Angelo, TX.
After leaving active duty in 2007, Scott Strobel became a manager of Measurements and Signatures Intelligence for the U.S. Air Forces Central Command (USAFCENT) mission, and in 2013 transitioned to serve as an all-source geopolitical intelligence analyst of the Air Intelligence Directorate, later becoming Senior Analyst for Regional Dynamics.
In his reserve capacity, Major Strobel periodically serves as the Chief of Intelligence Analysis for USAFCENT for the Combined Air Forces Component Commander of U.S. Central Command. His combat missions and operations include ALLIED FORCE, JOINT GUARD, JOINT FORGE, ENDURING FREEDOM, IRAQI FREEDOM, INHERENT RESOLVE, FREEDOM’S SENTINEL, RESOLUTE SUPPORT, and the Global War on Terror.
Born and raised in New Jersey with no religious background, Scott was a later convert to his Christian faith as a teenager, and ever since has maintained a passion for personal evangelism and apologetics due to the circumstances in which he came to believe in the Gospel and the call that he believes God has placed upon him. He is a member of Thomas Road Baptist Church and regularly ministers through the teaching of Sunday School, small group Bible study, evangelism, and other special topics. He is married to Ann Strobel from White River Junction, VT, and is the father of two adult daughters who are recent LU graduates and now work at LU as well.
- Lauded by the Director of National Intelligence for his support of the Counter-IED mission SHADOW HARVEST in Afghanistan
- Meritorious Service Medal
- Joint Service Commendation Medal (2)
- Air and Space Commendation Medal (2)
- Outstanding Intelligence Officer of the Year – HQ US European Command
- John L. Levitow Award, Airman Leadership School
- Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
- Air & Space Campaign Medal
- NATO Campaign Medal
- Korean Defense Service Medal
- Global War On Terrorism Service Medal
- Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
- National Defense Service Medal
- Air and Space Outstanding Unit Award
- Joint Meritorious Unit Award