Kahlib Fischer, Ph.D.
Professor of Government
Green Hall, Room 1661N
Office hours by appointment only
- Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership, emphasis in Government, Regent University
- M.A. in Public Policy, Regent University
- B.A. in Government, Oral Roberts University
Dr. Kahlib Fischer has taught at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, as well as in the classroom and online settings, and is currently serving as the Program Director for Politics & Policy Concentrations in the Helms School of Government. He has developed curriculum for and taught such courses as foreign policy, American government, leadership, business ethics, humanities, and political science, to both traditional and non-traditional students. In addition to teaching, he served as a field director for a Congressional race and has provided organizational leadership training and consulting.
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance from the American Society of Training
- Leadership, Statesmanship, and Governance
- American Government
- Introduction to Writing, Research, and Turabian
- Foundations of Statesmanship and Public Policy
- Fischer, K.J. (2017) “The Power of the Covenant Idea for Leadership, Reform, and Ethical Behavior,” The Journal of Values-Based Leadership: Vol. 10: Iss. 2, Article 13.
- Fischer, K.J. & Schultz, J. (2017). “Covenant and Empowerment: Integrative Themes for Organizational Leadership and Behavior.” Organization Development Journal: Vol. 35: Iss. 3.
- Fischer, K.J. & Schultz, J. (2016). “How Does a Covenantal Approach to Developing Organizational Leadership Affect Innovation?”Journal of Leadership Studies: Vol. 10: Iss. 1.
- Duby, D. & Fischer, K.J. (2011). “Self-Directed Learning and the Impact of Leadership Analyzing Keys for Success from a Covenantal Perspective.” American Journal of Education Studies: Vol.4: Iss. 4.
- Fischer, Kahlib & Schultz, Jonathan. (2013, October), Covenant, Empowerment, and Developmental Relationships. Presentation at the 6th Annual Mentoring Institute Conference at UNM in Albuquerque, NM.
- Duby, David & Fischer, Kahlib J. (2010, September), Self-Directed Learning and the Impact of Leadership: Analyzing Keys for Success from a Covenental Perspective. Presentation at the American Institute of Higher Education Conference, Orlando, FL.
- Fischer, Kahlib. (2002, June), Leadership Strategies in Faith-based Nonprofits A Comparison of Leadership between Secular and Faith-based Nonprofits. Presentation at the Hawaii International Conference on Social Science, University of Hawaii.
- Fischer, Kahlib. (2002, May), The Implications of Leadership Strategies in Faith-based Nonprofits A Comparison of Leadership between Secular and Faith-based Nonprofits. Presentation at the Henry Institute Symposium on Religion and Politics, Calvin College.
- Organizational Leadership
- Public Policy Analysis
- Organizational Training & Development
- Covenant as a Leadership model