A.A. in Criminal Justice
Get equipped for a criminal justice career in just two years with an Associate of Arts in Criminal Justice from the Helms School of Government. With your degree, you’ll gain an understanding of criminal law as well as the nature of crime and how it relates to a biblical worldview.
Your criminal justice degree will prepare you for a specialized career such as a criminal investigator, detective, and corrections officer.
Our two-year program combines criminal justice and general education courses along with graduation requirements. If you would like to further your education after graduating, you can request to transfer your courses to one of Liberty’s bachelor’s degree programs.
Learn How To:
- Demonstrate competence in the basic criminal justice process
- Evaluate the nature and causes of crime as they relate to biblical worldview principles
- Apply basic principles of criminal law
- Identify and evaluate the sources of criminal law in the American system
- 64 hours minimum
Courses You’ll Take:
- Corrections: CJUS 320
- Judicial Process: CJUS 330
- Criminology: CJUS 340
- Criminal Law: CJUS 400
Program of Study (DCP)
View Liberty’s undergraduate admissions requirements
Careers You Could Have
- Corrections Officer
- Criminal Investigator
- Homicide Detective
- Bounty Hunter
- Forensic Science Technician
- Police Officer