Bachelor of Education in Computer Science (Grades 6-12)
Residential Bachelor of Education in Computer Science Education, Grades 6-12 (B.Ed.) – Licensure
Share your passion for Computer Science with young learners through a Bachelor of Education in Computer Science Education, Grades 6-12. In Liberty University’s School of Education, you’ll learn to instruct and develop courses in computer science education. Our education methods classes are designed to give you the tools to meet the needs of every learner. You’ll learn how to utilize the strengths all students bring to the classroom. In-field classroom experiences throughout the program will allow you to put the theory you learn into practice. Classes in programming, database management, and software engineering will prepare you to teach these subjects.
Our courses are taught from a Christian perspective by educators with years of experience in computer science education. Liberty faculty will show you how to view teaching through a biblical worldview. You’ll be ready to make a positive impact in public, private, community, or homeschool settings.
The B.Ed. in Computer Science Education is the perfect degree for individuals who are passionate about computers and want to help learners develop the same zeal. You’ll have the opportunity to gain state licensure and the qualifications needed to teach students at the middle or high school level.
- Program Expectations & Advising Resources for the B.Ed. in Computer Science Education
- Licensure information for the B.Ed. in Computer Science Education Education
- Get more info on the B.Ed. degrees at Liberty University
Academics: Computer Science Education, Grades 6-12
Program of Study
View Liberty’s undergraduate admissions requirements
Featured Computer Science Education Courses
- Algorithms and Data Structures (CSIS 215)
- Web Architecture and Development (CSIS 310)
- Database System Concepts (CSIS 326)
- Software Engineering (CSIS 471)
- Calculus and Analytic Geometry I (MATH 131)
Career Opportunities in Computer Science Education
Upon graduation, you will have the opportunity to gain state licensure and become certified to teach Computer Science Education in grades 6-12.
- Secondary Computer Science School Teacher
- K-12 Education Consultant
- K-12 Curriculum Coordinator