B.S. in Social Work
Residential Bachelor of Science in Social Work (BSSW)
Be at the forefront of advocacy for justice, compassion, and care for people who find themselves in need of social, mental, or spiritual help. With a Bachelor of Science in Social Work (BSSW), you can help people, communities, and organizations both domestically and internationally.
Liberty’s Department of Social Work will prepare you to be the hands and feet of Christ in this gratifying and meaningful field.
Program Mission Statement:
The mission of Liberty University’s Bachelor of Science in Social Work program is to prepare healthy, generalist social workers to be servant leaders who follow the example of Christ and will influence the world by enhancing the lives of all individuals, families, and communities through competent, research-informed knowledge, values, skills, and cognitive and affective processes consistent with the purpose of the profession.
Social workers can be found in a wide range of careers. Your profession could include counseling, ministry, case management, community engagement, and program development. Get equipped for a career that helps people build better lives. See additional career options below!
The B.S. in Social Work is also offered online.
Benefits to Your Social Work (BSSW) Degree
- Many social service agencies prefer to hire candidates with a social work degree
- A BSSW opens the door to multiple job opportunities
- Advanced standing may be available to you (Earn up to one year of academic credit towards a Master of Science in Social Work when you have earned your BSSW from an accredited school)
Liberty’s B.S. in Social Work degree program, offered in both residential and distance education formats, is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). Liberty University is regionally accredited by SACSCOC
CSWE Form AS 4 Updated 2.10.2022
Academics: Social Work (BSSW) Degree
120 hours minimum**
Program of Study
View Liberty’s undergraduate admissions requirements
Social Work Featured Courses
- Social Work Professional Exploration (SOWK 135)
- Ethics in Professional Helping (SOWK 270)
- Human Behavior & the Social Environment (SOWK 300)
- Social Work in Mental Health (SOWK 431)
- Social Work Practice with Diverse Populations (SOWK 450)
Start Your Career in Social Work
Find a Career in:
- Adoption agencies
- Child services
- Community organizations
- Court systems
- Developmental disability facilities
- Employee assistance programs
- Foreign missions
- Government agencies
- Refugee resettlement
- Mental health clinics
- Military bases
- Nursing homes
- Private practice
- Social service agencies
- Human trafficking prevention and intervention