Developmental Math prepares you for the college-level math course appropriate for your major. Developmental Math courses are offered through the Department of General Math & Sciences.
- To offer math courses to build the algebra knowledge and skills of students who are not prepared for college-level math courses
- To encourage the development of study habits and work ethic that will lead to success in math courses
- To reduce math anxiety and dispel myths about math
- To build confidence in the ability to do math, and develop a positive attitude toward math
- To place students in math classes based on their current knowledge, where they will be challenged but not overwhelmed or frustrated