Vance Pickard, Ed.D., LAT, ATC
Professor of Health Sciences
- Ed.D., Sam Houston State University
- M.A.T., Western New Mexico University
- B.S., University of Texas El Paso
Dr. Pickard began his healthcare career as a Certified Athletic Trainer at the university level. Dr. Pickard served as the Head Athletic Trainer and classroom instructor at several NCAA Division 1 universities while completing his dissertation in mentoring in the profession of Athletic Training.
Dr. Pickard helped establish the CAATE accredited athletic training program at Liberty University. He coordinates the Athletic Training Program’s Standardized Patient Center and works with students as they develop the skills necessary to become a certified Athletic Trainer.
- ATTR 200 Introduction to Athletic Training
- ATTR 205 Musculoskeletal Terminology and Clinical Documentation
- Member of the National Athletic Trainers’ Association, Mid-Atlantic Athletic Trainers’ Association, Virginia Athletic Trainers’ Association
- USGTF Certified Golf Teaching Professional
- Mentoring in Allied Healthcare
- Use of Standardized Patient Scenarios to enhance Clinical mastery in Allied Health
- Biomechanical analysis