Andrea Beam, Ed.D.
Chair of Middle Grades and Secondary Education
- Ed.D. in Administration and Educational Studies, The George Washington University
- Ed.S. in Administration and Supervision, The George Washington University
- Special Education Endorsement, Old Dominion University
- MAT in Elementary Education K-4, Norfolk State University
- BS in Psychology, Old Dominion University
- EDSP 323 – Special Education Law and Characteristics
- EDSP 363 – Collaboration and Co-Teaching
- EDSP 413 – Inclusion
- EDUC 435 – Secondary Instructional Procedures
- EDUC 625 – Content Instructional Procedures
- EDUC 640 – Educational Administration
- EDUC 647 – School Law
- EDUC 721 – Issues and Trends in Exceptionality
- EDUC 741 – Theories in Educational Leadership
- EDUC 747 – Advanced School Law
- Kappa Delta Pi
Andrea P. Beam, Ed. D. is a Professor in the School of Education at Liberty University where she serves as the Chair of Secondary Education. For the last 25 years, she served in a multitude of positions, including a teacher of special education, an administrator at both the elementary and secondary level, and, most recently, a full professor in higher education. Presently, she teaches courses in secondary curriculum, special education, and school law. Her numerous research efforts and publications keep her on the cutting edge in the field of education where she has published on the topics of inclusion, Multiple Intelligence, differentiation, and school law.
- Beam, A. P. (2019, in progress). Political and legal context. In R. Claxton, Public & private school administration: An overview in Christian perspective (pp. in progress). Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt.
- Beam, A. (2018). Meaningful integration across curriculum: A collaborative approach. Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt: ISBN: 9781524961657
- Schreiber-Bonsell, J. & Beam, A. (2017). Programs of Interventions and Supports: Impact on Students with Disabilities’ Behavior and Academic Achievement. Educational Practice and Reform, 3, 34-42.
- Beam, A. & Claxton, R. (2017). Professionalism in education: Hitting your mark, 2nd Edition. Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt. ISNB: 978-1-5249-1271-0.
- Beam, A. & Pinkie, E. (2016). Professionalism in education: Hitting your mark, 1st Edition. Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt. ISBN: 978-1-4652-9177-6.
- Beam, A., Yocum, R., & Pinkie, E. (2016). Perspectives of Pre-Service Teachers on Students with Emotional Disabilities. The Teachers Educators’ Journal, 9, 49-62.
- Multiple Intelligence
- School law.