When autocomplete options are available, use up and down arrows to review and enter to select.
Apply Give

Gate 4: Program Verification for Licensure Applications

To verify completion of a licensure program for other states, the Teacher Licensure Office must verify that candidates have completed one of our Virginia Department of Education approved licensure programs. Programs that lead to licensure typically require coursework, licensure tests, and field experience (student teaching, internship, or practicum).

Paperwork Submission

As per the Gate 4 checklist provided by your Student Teaching or Internship supervisor, candidates will submit appropriate documentation to the Teacher Licensure Office.

More information regarding the Gate 4 process is available within the Licensure Resource Community.

International Students To be eligible for a VA teaching license, you must obtain a Social Security Number (SSN). Typically, this is accomplished by obtaining a job within the United States. Applicants without a Social Security Number are not eligible for a Virginia teaching, school services personnel, or school administrative license.

Application Questions

You can contact the Teacher Licensure Office at gate4@liberty.edu with questions about the licensure application, or stop by the Teacher Licensure Office.

Chat Live Chat Live Request Info Request Info Apply Now Apply Now Visit Liberty Visit Liberty