Gate 4: Program Exit & Licensure Application
Candidates who are interested in a teaching or advanced state license must complete a Virginia Department of Education approved program. To be eligible for verification forms for other states, the licensure office must verify that candidates have completed one of our approved licensure programs. Programs that lead to licensure will involve coursework, licensure tests, and student teaching or internship.
- Gate 4 Checklist – Initial Licensure (Student Teaching)
- Student Teaching Cumulative Log
- Gate 4 Checklist – Advanced Licensure (Internship)
- Non-licensure candidates will only submit the Graduation Application.
Candidates will submit appropriate documentation to the Teacher Licensure Office.
Application Review and Status
- The Teacher Licensure Office will communicate with the candidate regarding application documents and progress (e.g., missing documents, general inquiries, etc.).
- The candidate will receive notification from the Teacher Licensure Office through their Liberty University email account when the state licensure forms have been completed.
- For Virginia applicants, the candidate will receive the licensure certificate in the mail from the Virginia Department of Education.
You can contact the Teacher Licensure Office at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the licensure application or stop by the Teacher Licensure Office.