International Student Employment
F-1 students’ primary purpose in the United States is to engage in full-time study. However, at various times while pursuing your degree, students have the opportunity to engage in authorized employment.
If you are interested in pursuing employment, contact your International Student Advisor to set up an appointment by e-mail MyStatus@liberty.edu or phone (434) 592-4118.
- F-1 students can work only on-campus during their first year of classes. After the first academic year, students may apply for Curricular Practical Training (CPT) or work on campus.
- Current students cannot apply for work supplement positions – only eligible applicants at the time of admission can apply for these positions.
Authorization for Employment
- Authorization if a student has experienced unforeseen financial hardship beyond their control:
- Authorization to start an internship or practicum:
- Authorization to work 12 months in the U.S. after graduation:
The only positions for International Students are Work Assistant, International Student, and Graduate Assistant positions. These positions are limited to 18 hours per week, typically starting at minimum wage.
Check the HR website at Liberty University for current job openings and guidelines: On-Campus Employment
If you receive a job offer, you will need to obtain a Social Security Card