MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Residential Clinical Mental Health Counseling Master’s Program
Apply NowThe Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC) is a 60-hour graduate-level residential program designed to meet the Virginia requirements for licensure as a Professional Counselor (LPC). The faculty provides quality professional training of clinical mental health counselors from a faith-based perspective.
Our mission is to produce ethically and spiritually aware mental health counselors who possess the knowledge, values, skills, and personal disposition to promote the mental health and holistic wellness of clients across diverse populations. Our mission is achieved in significant measure by offering rigorous academic programs, dynamic interaction with mentors and faculty, and carefully structured practica and internships.
- 60-hour graduate program (practicum and internship required)
- Graduate assistantships available
- Program Accreditation: CACREP
- CMHC Comprehensive Assessment Plan Results: Executive Summary
16-week Classroom Instructional Format
- Orientation to Professional Identity and Function (CMHC 500)
- Theories of Counseling (CMHC 510)
- Research and Program Evaluation (CMHC 515)
- Career Development and Counseling (CMHC 522)
- Psychopathology and Counseling (CMHC 646)
- Clinical Diagnosis/Treatment Planning (CMHC 667)
Program of Study
Admissions Requirements & More
Find M.A.in Clinical Mental Health Counseling admissions requirements, transfer information, and accreditation on the Residential Admissions site.
- Mental health agency
- Public or private practice
- Faith-based counseling opportunities
- Hospital settings
- Residential treatment facilities