M.A. in History
Students pursuing a Master of Arts in History at Liberty University will study both historical facts and scholarly arguments in order to draw new interpretations and challenge old ones. Liberty offers two M.A. in History concentrations: American History and European History. Students will leave this program better able to understand history’s place in God’s plan and will be prepared to meet the demands of history-related vocations or further collegiate studies.
- 36-hour graduate program (with thesis option)
- Degree Completion Plan – (History M.A.)
- View more information on the M.A. in History
This degree is offered through the Department of History.
- American History (thesis or comprehensive)
- European History (thesis or comprehensive)
Courses You Could Take
- HIST 501: Historical Methods and Interpretation
- HIUS 530: American Christian Heritage
- HIEU 555: Modern European Military History
- HIUS 552: Recent America (Since 1945)
- HIWD 597: Special Topics in World History
Admissions Requirements & More
Find M.A. in History admissions requirements, transfer information, and accreditation on the Residential Admissions site.
- College or secondary teacher
- Museum curator
- Government worker
- Public Relations worker