Financial Aid Checklist
Follow These Steps to Get Started with Financial Aid
Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Submit your FAFSA.
- In order to avoid delays in processing your aid, the U.S. Department of Education must receive your FAFSA by March 1 every year financial aid is needed.
Apply for Law School Admission and Scholarships
- Start your law school application.
- If you are accepted, any scholarship award will be included with your official admission notification.
- Complete and return your Admission Acceptance Agreement and Scholarship Agreement, and pay the confirmation deposit.
Review the Financial Aid Award Notification Package
- You will receive a Financial Aid Award letter once your FAFSA has been processed and you have confirmed your attendance at the law school.
Confirm Acceptance of Federal Student Aid
- Complete Entrance Counseling and sign the Master Promissory Note (MPN) for the Direct Unsubsidized Loans at www.studentloans.gov.
Submit School of Law Work Request Form, if Applicable
- If you desire part-time employment, the School of Law must receive, and the dean must approve, a School of Law Work Request Form for each semester you want to work.
Submit Federal Work Study Employment Application, if Applicable
- If you desire part-time employment, submit a Work Study Application on the university's Human Resources website. The School of Law will not secure employment for you and a position is not guaranteed.
Notify the School of Law of any Outside Scholarships
- If you expect to receive outside scholarships or any additional aid, notify the law school's coordinator of Financial Aid.
Complete Financial Check-In
Log in to ASIST located at www.mylu.liberty.edu and complete financial check-in each semester.