Financial Aid Checklist
Follow These Steps to Get Started with Financial Aid
Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Submit your FAFSA.
- In order to avoid delays in processing your aid, the U.S. Department of Education must receive your FAFSA by January 15 every year financial aid is needed.
Apply for Law School Admission and Scholarships
- Start your law school application.
- If you are accepted, any scholarship award will be included with your official admission notification.
- Complete and return your Admission Acceptance Agreement and Scholarship Agreement, and pay the confirmation deposit.
Review the Financial Aid Award Notification Package
- You will receive a Financial Aid Award letter once your FAFSA has been processed and you have confirmed your attendance at the law school.
Confirm Acceptance of Federal Student Aid
- Complete Entrance Counseling and sign the Master Promissory Note (MPN) for the Direct Unsubsidized Loans at www.studentloans.gov.
Submit School of Law Work Request Form, if Applicable
- If you desire part-time employment, the School of Law must receive, and the dean must approve, a School of Law Work Request Form for each semester you want to work.
Submit Federal Work Study Employment Application, if Applicable
- If you desire part-time employment, submit a Work Study Application on the university's Human Resources website. The School of Law will not secure employment for you and a position is not guaranteed.
Notify the School of Law of any Outside Scholarships
- If you expect to receive outside scholarships or any additional aid, notify the law school's coordinator of Financial Aid.
Complete Financial Check-In
Log in to ASIST located at www.mylu.liberty.edu and complete financial check-in each semester.