Top 5 Social Media Tips
When it comes to social media, we all want to use it to the best of our ability. So for this blog post we decided to give some tips on how to improve your use of social media. Don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about your accounts or you can reference the Social Media Policy.
1. The Shorter the Better. Research shows that posts that are around 100 characters tend to see better reach than longer posts (meaning that many of you quit reading this after 100 characters).
2. Post Consistently. When people see an account that has up to date information, photos, and posts they are more likely to follow/like! But, don’t over-post! Find a happy medium.
3. Ask Good Questions. If you want to increase engagement, ask questions that people will really answer. It’s always a great idea to respond as quickly as possible.
4. For Facebook, constantly check insights. Look at what posts have the highest reach and who they are reaching. Then tailor future posts to those people based on what has worked in the past.
5. DON’T post identical content to Facebook and Twitter. These two social networks are very different. Find out what works for each respective platform and post unique posts to each of them.