Online Degrees in Education
Tomorrow’s leaders are today’s students, and teachers are the ones who inspire them. When you become a teacher, you earn the privilege of influencing the future every day. And an associate, bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree in education will increase your potential for making a lasting impact on your students.
Liberty University’s online programs in education will help you inspire students in your classroom, school, or university with confidence. Whether you’re a teacher looking to further your career through formal credentialing or are wanting to start a rewarding career in the field of education, Liberty University’s online education degrees will equip you with the in-demand skills, knowledge, and tools you need to prepare students for success in the classroom — and in life.
You’ll explore educational theories that underlie the learning process as well as real-world teaching methods that help you become a better teacher. You’ll also study the latest education technologies to engage your students in the classroom and the current trends in public, private, and Christian learning institutions. You’ll become a practice-focused educator who is effective — and valuable.
Whether you’re working toward your associate, bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree, your credentials from Liberty University will equip you to reach new professional heights and shape a better world by championing what matters to you. And that’s what matters to us.
Liberty University’s School of Education programs are accredited by NCATE through CAEP.
Available Degree Programs
- Bachelor of Education in Business Education (6-12)
- Bachelor of Education in Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Education in English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Bachelor of Education in English Education (6-12)
- Bachelor of Education in Mathematics Education (6-12)
- Bachelor of Education in Middle Education – English
- Bachelor of Education in Middle Education – Math
- Bachelor of Education in Middle Education – Science
- Bachelor of Education in Middle Education – Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Education in Social Studies Education (6-12)
- Bachelor of Education in Special Education
- Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education Interdisciplinary Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education Interdisciplinary Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Special Education Interdisciplinary Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Teaching English as a Second Language
- Master of Education (M.Ed.)
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) Higher Education
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) – Curriculum and Instruction
- Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) (36 Hours)
- Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) (45 Hours)
- Master of Arts in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL)
Post-Graduate and Doctoral Degrees
- Doctor of Education in Curriculum and Instruction (Ed.D.)
- Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership (Ed.D.)
- Education Specialist in Curriculum and Instruction (Ed.S.)
- Education Specialist in Educational Leadership (Ed.S.)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Higher Education Administration (Ph.D.) – Educational Leadership
- Doctor of Philosophy in Advanced Educational Studies (Ph.D.)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education (Ph.D.)
- Teacher’s Aide
- Special Education Teacher
- Gifted Education Teacher
- Curriculum Director
- Principal or Vice-Principal
- School Superintendent
- College Professor
Please note that not all education degrees lead to licensure and that state requirements for teaching vary by state.
Liberty’s institutional accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) and its field-specific accreditation by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), mean that you can be confident you are investing in an industry-recognized credential that will help you meet your goals.
What are the Benefits of Earning an Education Degree at Liberty University?
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online education degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Liberty University’s state-of-the-art online learning environment offers you a wide variety of learning methods, including simulations, recorded lectures, and digital collaboration tools as well as others that will help you engage with your studies and learn practical teaching skills.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete your online education program in less time than you think, due to our 8-week format and 8 start times per year.
- Licensure tracks are available with required intensives and internships to meet state requirements.
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education degree by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses, $275 per credit hour for graduate courses, and $275 per credit hour for Ed.D. and Ed.S. courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder
- 8-week courses with 8 different start dates each year and no set login times
- Potential college credit for your military training