Dr. Gary Habermas has dedicated his professional life to the examination of the relevant historical, philosophical, and theological issues surrounding the death and resurrection of Jesus. His extensive list of publications and debates provides a thorough account of the current state of the issue. He has also contributed more than 60 chapters or articles to additional books, and over 100 articles and reviews in journals and other publications. In recent years, he has been a visiting or adjunct professor at about 15 different graduate schools and seminaries in the United States and abroad.
Dr. Habermas is a Distinguished Research Professor of Apologetics and Philosophy. He is married to Eileen and they have seven children and 11 grandchildren.
- Ph.D., Michigan State University
- M.A., University of Detroit
- B.R.E., William Tyndale College
- Habermas, G., (2021), Risen Indeed: A Historical Investigation Into the Resurrection of Jesus, Lexham Press, ISBN: 9781683595496, https://lexhampress.com/product/208165/risen-indeed-a-historical-investigation-into-the-resurrection-of-jesus
- Baggett, D., Flew, A., Habermas, G., (2009), Did the Resurrection Happen? A Conversation with Gary Habermas and Anthony Flew, InterVarsity Press, ISBN: 9780830837182, https://www.ivpress.com/did-the-resurrection-happen
- Habermas, G., Licona,M., (2004), The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus, Kregel Publications, ISBN: 9780825427886, https://www.kregel.com/theology-and-religious-studies/the-case-for-the-resurrection-of-jesus-6964/
- Habermas, G., (2003), The Risen Jesus and Future Hope, Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, ISBN: 9780742532878, https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780742532878/The-Risen-Jesus-and-Future-Hope