AFA Summer CyberCamp
Cybersecurity Day Camp
In concert with the Air Force Association (AFA) Cyberpatriot (National Youth Cyber Education Program) and the Liberty University Center for Cyber Excellence, we are proud to announce the continuation of our Summer Cybersecurity Day Camp program with our 5th annual offering.
- Dates: Jun. 24-28, 2019
- Location: LU School of Business, Center for Cyber Excellence
- Registration Fee: $150 (Includes lunches each day, all material, and student access to the learning and competition machines)
Provide a venue that will open the eyes of young students to the opportunities of a career path in Cybersecurity and thus to help solve our nation’s shortfall of skilled cybersecurity professionals.
Program Learning Objectives
- Increase interest in cybersecurity in general and careers in the cybersecurity workforce
- Help all students understand the importance of cyber safety and how to protect their personal devices and information from outside threats.
- Emphasize fun, hands-on learning of cybersecurity principles that are relevant and applicable to everyday life.
New for this year’s camp is nationally recognized curriculum provided by AFA CyberCamp consisting of five instruction modules, student workbooks, demonstration software, and competition software that will teach students important skills in cyber safety and cybersecurity.
The curriculum is designed to be completed over five days, with the fifth day serving as a day of mini-competition. All sessions are Monday through Friday, with Friday being the mini-competition day.
Based on pre-camp surveys, our instructors will pick and choose which areas of interests their students might best learn from. For the first four days of the camp, instructors have the option to pick what topics are best suited for their session. The only day that cannot be flexible is the Friday Competition day.
Cybercamp Potential Subject Areas
- Windows 10 Module
- Windows Graphical Utilities,
- Windows Command Line,
- optional Sysinternals Suite
- Ubuntu 16 Module
- Init Systems,
- Advanced Command Line,
- Processes and
- Scheduled Tasks, optional
- Security Policies and PAM,
- optional Networking
- Cisco NetAcad Networking
Cybercamp Tentative Schedule
Mon.: Cyber Ethics, Windows 10 Module
Tue.: Windows 10 Module, Ubuntu 16
Wed.: Ubuntu 16
Thu.: Cisco Networking
Fri.: Mini-CyberPatriot Competition.
Thirty young teens from the Central Virginia area will be selected to participate in the camp. The camp will provide hands-on training and activities in the state-of-the-art computing resources in the new School of Business building.
All students in grades 9-12 are eligible to participate, register here.
Deadline for submission: June 10, 2019
For any questions regarding the 2019 Summer Cybercamp please email the camp staff at email@example.com.