Center for Cyber Excellence Charter
Liberty University recognizes the great importance of cybersecurity for both the public and private sectors. As such, Liberty University is committed to preparing cybersecurity experts, to increase cyber capabilities through novel research, and increase cyber awareness throughout the University and the surrounding community. To this end, the Liberty University Center for Cyber Excellence is established to formalize and coordinate these activities.
We envision the Liberty University Center for Cyber Excellence as an organization which will foster collaboration and interaction between faculty and students regarding cybersecurity and Information Assurance, will promote security awareness both in the University and the surrounding region and will boost the capacity of local and regional educational opportunities at all levels of education.
Increase cybersecurity awareness and capabilities for the defense of systems in all sectors, both public and private by:
- Improving cybersecurity educational opportunities at the high school, undergraduate, and graduate levels
- Improving security awareness in the general community, both throughout the University and the surrounding region
- Fostering collaboration and interaction between students and faculty
- Engaging in novel research to advance cybersecurity technology
- The name of this organization shall be the Liberty University Center for Cyber Excellence (LUCCE)
- The LUCCE shall be housed within the School of Business.
- The LUCCE shall be funded through the School of Business budget.
- The Executive Director will be appointed by the permanent members of the Advisory Board.
- The Executive Director will be responsible for
- maintaining any accreditation, certification, or designation related to cybersecurity for Liberty University
- maintaining contact and interaction with any regional, national, or international organizations with which the LUCCE is affiliated
- overseeing any collaboration with other educational institutions, from K12 through graduate schools
- coordinating with other departments within Liberty University regarding cybersecurity content in courses
- calling meetings as needed with the membership of the LUCCE
- The LUCCE will have an Advisory Board that will guide and direct the efforts of the LUCCE. The members of the Advisory Board will be appointed by the Executive Director.
- The membership of the LUCCE will be comprised of qualified faculty and staff.
- Members will serve on a volunteer basis and must be approved by the Executive Director.
- Membership responsibilities include
- working toward the mission of LUCCE
- incorporating cybersecurity content into courses whenever appropriate
- participating in LUCCE events when possible
- contributing to the success and promotion of the LUCCE
- attending any LUCCE meetings as called by the Executive Director
- LUCCE will make use of classroom and computational resources made available through the School of Engineering and School of Business.
- LUCCE will maintain a website that houses information about current efforts, degree programs, this charter, and any other information deemed necessary by the Executive Director.
- Amendments must be brought to the Executive Director, who will present them to the Advisory Board.
- Amendments must be approved by the members of the Advisory Board.