LiveText Field Experience
The following degree programs are required to purchase and activate LiveText with Field Experience as part of their materials for Counseling Practicum (COUC 698 – residential or COUC 998) and Counseling Internship (COUC 699 – residential or COUC 999):
- 60-Hr. Residential Clinical Mental Health
- Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision
The Department of Counselor Education and Family studies currently has the following policy regarding LiveText:
- LiveText is used for students to log their hours and for approved supervisors to complete evaluations of the students’ counseling skills.
- LiveText is a one-time only purchase that is good for five years.
- Once purchased, LiveText must be activated to ensure placement.
- Students do not need to purchase and activate LiveText a second time for Residential Counseling Internship (COUC 699 or COUC 999) if they have purchased it for Counseling Practicum or an earlier class.
- Please understand there will be negative implications if students do not purchase LiveText.
Important: LiveText is only a requirement for students in residential programs (Clinical Mental Health Counseling and Marriage and Family Counseling) and the Ph.D. program. If you purchase LiveText and do not need it, you will be unable to receive a refund.
How to Create a LiveText Account
- Purchasing LiveText Online
- Go to https://www.livetext.com, click on Buy Online, and follow the procedures.
- Purchasing LiveText from the online bookstore (MBS Direct)
- Go to https://www.livetext.com, click on Register Account, and follow the procedures.
- Make sure to type the key code correctly. The key code is case sensitive.
- Make sure to choose Liberty University for university section.
- Use your Liberty University email address as your primary email.
- Use your Liberty University ID
- Be sure to include the “L” and “0” (zeros) at the beginning of your 8-digit student ID.
- Please remember your LiveText username and password. Both username and password are case sensitive.
- LiveText FAQ
- Fieldwork Experience Student Training Manual
- Fieldwork Experience Site Supervisor Training Manual
- LiveText Manual
- Procedures for Logging Hours in LiveText
- If you have two sites hours must be logged in each “placement” as they relate to that site. Additionally, you will turn in two mid-term logs and two final logs (one for each site).
- Hours will only be recorded in LiveText at the end of each quarter. Use the provided Excel sheet (found in residential Canvas courses) to log hours for Residential Counseling Practicum (COUC 698) & Residential Counseling Internship (COUC 699) weekly throughout the semester/placement.
- All faculty group supervision hours in the Time Log will be approved by the faculty supervisor. The other hours (i.e. Direct Client Contact, Individual Supervision, and Related Activities) will be approved by the site supervisor.
Documents for LiveText
- Student: Any user within LiveText that purchased a student membership; (Student) will appear next to their name when logged in.
- Intern: This refers to the student in the Counseling Practicum (COUC 698) or Counseling Internship (COUC 699) course. The DCEFS understands that the “intern” may be in either Practicum or Internship.
- Site-Supervisor: May be on-site or off-site and is sometimes referred to as “mentor”
- Faculty-Supervisor: Faculty Member
- Placement Coordinator: Liberty University Department of Counselor Education and Family Studies staff member in charge of coordinating LiveText
- Technical Support: LiveText Technical Support Department (not located at Liberty University)
- Internship: The fieldwork experience course in which the student is placed.
- Placement: The placing of a student with their site & site-supervisor.
- Shared Workspace: the Placement Details tab of the Field Experience portion of LiveText. The intern, site-supervisor, faculty-supervisor and Placement Coordinator all have access to this portion of LiveText.